Your Park Ridge dentists, Dr. Maria and Dr. Thanasi Loukas, utilize the latest technology to deliver top-notch dental care to their patients. That is why they provide No-Prep Veneers, extremely thin veneers that require very little removal of existing tooth structure. Porcelain veneers are a useful, minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that can revitalize your smile. Veneers are thin layers of porcelain that adhere to the front surface of your teeth. Take our doctors’ fun True/False quiz to learn more about porcelain veneers.
- True or False. Porcelain Veneers are an excellent option for whitening teeth that are stained by trauma, tetracycline or other drugs, excessive fluoride, or from root canal treatment.
- True or False. Porcelain veneers can reduce gaps between teeth.
- True or False. Drs. Maria and Thanasi Loukas can place No-Prep Veneers in two easy visits.
- True or False. Drs. Loukas recommend using a non-abrasive toothpaste to protect the porcelain from scratches or stains.
- True. Porcelain veneers can correct stains or discolorations that originated from several conditions. They are also used to rejuvenate teeth that appear worn down or that possess craters, bulges, or ugly lines. Veneers can even re-shape teeth that are jagged or chipped.
- True. Porcelain veneers can eliminate the appearance of spaces between teeth.
- True. Dr. Loukas will first inspect your teeth to be sure that veneers are a good match for your teeth. If No-Prep Veneers are found to be appropriate for your situation, the doctors will take impressions of your teeth so that the veneers will not only fit well but also be tinted to the desired shade. The impressions will be sent to a dental lab. Once the veneers have been completed, Drs. Maria and Thanasi Loukas will bond the veneers to your teeth.
- True. The doctors recommend that you brush with a non-abrasive toothpaste so that your veneers will not suffer stains or scratches. Otherwise, continue your normal home care routine of twice-daily brushing and once a day flossing. Maintaining dental check ups and cleanings every six months will also help to keep you veneers vibrant and bright.
About Our Doctors
Loukas General Dentistry offers professional cosmetic, restorative, and preventive dentistry in a compassionate environment. To schedule a consultation, call our Park Ridge, IL, dentist office at (847) 696-1919. Drs. Maria and Thanasi Loukas proudly treat patients living in and around Chicago, Park Ridge, and the 60068 zip code.