Losing a tooth can be an ordeal. After all, a gap in your smile is embarrassing and finding time to see the dentist can wreak havoc on your schedule. However, tooth loss hurts both the health and appearance of your smile. To return your smile to full function and health, we may recommend a dental bridge.
Park Ridge IL Dental Bridge Quiz
1. True or False: Even a single missing tooth can affect your smile health.
2. True or False: A dental bridge replaces one or more teeth.
3. True or False: A dental bridge looks natural.
4. True or False: A dental bridge still requires routine dental care.
1. True. When you lose a tooth, the teeth surrounding the gap in your smile may move, resulting in misalignment. Dental misalignment affects more than just aesthetics, crooked and crowded teeth provide hiding places for both bacteria and food particles. This dangerous combination may soon increase the risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
2. True. A dental bridge consists of an artificial tooth with crowns attached to each end. Your Park Ridge IL dentist will prepare the teeth on either side of the gap in your smile to receive the crowns. The crowns will then anchor the artificial tooth in place, allowing you to eat and smile with confidence.
3. True. Your Park Ridge IL dentist will design your prosthetic based on impressions of your smile. The resulting dental bridge will also be fabricated using lifelike dental materials. Once complete, your new dental bridge will look natural and blend seamlessly with your smile.
4. True. You will still need to brush and floss regularly, as food can become stuck in your prosthetic as it would your natural teeth. We also recommend routine checkups and cleanings, where Dr. Maria Loukas or Dr. Thanasi Loukas will examine your prosthetic and make any necessary adjustments to your dental bridge.
About Your Park Ridge Dentists:
Do you have one or more missing teeth? Then talk to your Park Ridge IL dentist about a dental bridge. Dr. Maria and Dr. Thanasi Loukas are highly-skilled general, restorative, and implant dentists serving the Park Ridge and surrounding Chicago communities. To schedule an appointment, call Loukas General Dentistry today at (847) 696-1919.